Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Skirting It


OK, first I need to address something really important:



His name is Cash. He's a Cocker Spaniel. Ben and I are thinking about adopting him. The poor little thing is only 6 months old and has been through two homes that weren't willing to put the time in to train the little bugger. He's the sweetest, calmest puppy in the world. He's coming to stay with us next weekend. I'll keep you posted on whether or not we are a good fit for him. But for right now, I am totally in love.

OK, on to the tree skirts.

I'm elbow deep in making a little ruffled number myself, but I wasn't able to finish it tonight [hopefully a big tutorial tomorrow?] So instead, I thought I'd do a quick roundup of great DIY tree skirts!

beautiful felt flowered skirt
[no sewing machine required!]
Tutorial here.
Great scalloped skirt for those of us good with a pair of scissors.
Tutorial here
If you're not in the mood to make anything,
Sherri from Young House Love just used one of those sheepskin
rugs from Ikea here
You can go super simple, cut out a piece of fabric and add some paint.
here

Or, you could chop off the bottom part of a large basket
and make it look like a beautiful potted plant!
here

Just a tip, for your base of any of these, buy a big painter's drop cloth and cut off the corners. You have a perfect heavy base to attach felt, start painting or anything. 

I'm making an epic ruffled number...hopefully I'll finish tonight, but I'll likely just be thinking about baby puppy Cash....



No comments:

Post a Comment