Monday, December 3, 2012

My little wonky obese snowflake.

Yay! I get to announce who won....


And the winner is.....


Lucky number 2! Since I was also keeping track of folks via Facebook, the second person to enter was Danielle from Muddy Boots (and Dirty Dishes)!! Danielle: you get to choose either me designing your Christmas Cards or I'll give you any one (1) of the Homemade Gifts I've made thus far! Danielle also got 2 entries because she is a loyal 'follower' of ye olde blog!

Thanks to everyone who entered, I'm going to do this again soon (maybe Thursday?) because I have lots of gifts to give away. Also, big thanks to everyone that started 'following' my blog (you double your chances of winning!)



In other news, Ben and I got a Christmas Tree this weekend. To say it rained would be an understatement.

In our water-logged brains, we picked out the wonkiest-cartoon-character of a tree, and it's PERFECT.

Here's the tree before it fell down the first time:


I refer to him as our little obese snowflake. Best part of this tree? You couldn't possibly put this baby in a corner. it belongs smack dab in the middle of the room.

It also comes within centimeters of the ceiling:

What can I say? I'm a good eyeballer.
Since we're brand new adults, we don't have very many ornaments. We have a giant pack from Ikea that covers about 1/2 of the ornamental surface of the tree. So we mainly filled this puppy with lights and ribbon:

This manly man had to cut down our little fatty in the pouring rain.

My favorite part of the tree are my sparkly poinsettia lights I found on special after Christmas a couple years ago:



I love that our tree can't look perfect. I love that it has wonky branches sticking out at every end. I love that it fell down this morning at 6:45 when I was trying to get ready for work [ok. no. did not love that.]




Now all I have to do is finish my advent calendar [oops...], make an awesome tree skirt [stay tuned] and deck the rest of our halls for the season.



1 comment:

  1. I love your tree! It is awesome!! Has personality!!! AND I love that I WON! The last thing I won, was a ten speed as an infant at the Shrine Circus in Sioux City, IA. Yup! I was that one kid out of hundreds who won a 10 speed at the age of 10 months! Now, decisions, decisions... :P

    ReplyDelete