Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election 2012

I'm writing this post as polls begin to close in the middle of our country.

I don't want to get political on this blog, and to be honest--I'd rather you not pay attention to this blog tonight.

I hope you took the opportunity to exercise your right to vote in our democracy.

I hope you took the time to educate yourself on the issues.

But more than anything, I hope you understand the importance of an educated electorate. I hope you understand that the success of our country depends on you caring about your government at all levels: local, state and federal. Politics aren't annoying--they're important. Debate is important. Disagreement is important. Above all, civility is important.

I hope no matter who or what wins tonight, that we all wake up tomorrow ready to work toward a better country for everyone. I hope that we are able to all work toward a better place for all of us: poor and rich, black and white, gay and straight. Nothing good will come from continuing a culture of polarity and separation.


No comments:

Post a Comment