Monday, November 5, 2012

OK. I've been stressed.

For the past seven days, I have slept for a total of 24 hours.

Yup. I'm averaging 3-4 hours of sleep per night.

Why?

I'm stressed. Super stressed.

About what?

The election. Hurricane Sandy. Iran/Israel. Israel/Palestine. Midwest drought. Zombie Apocalypse.


You name it, I'm probably worrying about it. Especially if I have little to no control over the outcome.

But, in the midst of my sleepless existence, I have been extremely productive.

At 4:30am on Saturday morning, I started with this:

ew.
 I ended with this:

Oh. Yeah.
My perfect little laundry nook isn't done--yet. But, it has taken a 167 degree turn for the better [saving the extra 13 degrees for when I put in a counter top...]

More specifically, I started like this:

This was before we moved in.
It was NaStY. The mop was there for good measure.
I ripped those doors off. I filed in gaps with good putty. I sanded that puppy down [at 4:30a] and I got to painting. Specifically, I got to priming.

One good coat of oil-based primer.
I then painted it with a really good paint. I swear by Miller Paint, especially the Evolution line. I used a semi-gloss white.

Now, time for fun. I started with a potato stamp:


But that turned out RIDICULOUS:

Ew,

So I graduated to taking a foam brush and spinning it:

YEAH!
Then, I got to work:




I specifically did not want these p-dots to be perfect. Why? Because.

Then, my favorite part: Accessories.

I needed two areas for this little cabinet: A place to hang junk, and a place to store ugly things.

So...ugly things:

Kirkland, why you gotta make such ugly red boxes?

Lauren, why you gotta have so many candles?
Hanging junk:

Basket on the bottom is for dirty clothes. 

Perfect! These pictures really aren't doing it justice. Laundry nook is perfect.


Well...close to perfect:

This is where we all laugh at how I'm so picky about some things but have
mis-matched lightbulbs hanging from my ceiling.
womp. womp.

No comments:

Post a Comment