Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A lace envelope? WHAT?

This week feels like it is fourteen weeks long.

We are anxiously awaiting the day when the world decides to let us close on the house [June 1 was supposed to be the day...] So every day feels like at least seven. Ugh.

But, I'm distracting myself with a super fun project.

I was approached by a special lady for some help on bridal shower invites for her bride-to-be sister. Invitations are one of my favorite things to design--because they're the only thing that usually comes with a party.

I started working through this project today, but I don't want to show my in-progress design. So, I'm sharing my inspiration. Some of this was provided by Special Lady, some was found by mwah.

When asking me to design the invites, she mentioned lace envelopes. I know, right, LACE ENVELOPES. How cool!

From here. Bonus: it comes with a tutorial.
So we're going with an ultra-feminine-but-awesome-and-minimal vibe. I was given an awesome color scheme:

From here.
Top Secret Tip: If you ever want me to do a project for you [for free] give me an awesome color scheme and free reign to do whatever I want. Also, don't expect anything overnight. Also, you must love everything I do. Remember, it's free.

So, awesome direction, right?

Here's the inspiration I'm pulling from:

I love the combination of the lace with the wierdy type here

Since it is a 'kitchen shower' we want to incorporate some utensils
here
I've used this graphic in several different bridal shower invitations, it's a classic here
I also recently bought this font, and I think this is a perfect place to use it:
Here. 

And while I was browsing the site, I found this beauty:

here. I will find every excuse to us that 'st' combo. Yum.

What's inspiring you today?

1 comment:

  1. Inspiration and color. It's a beautiful combination creating beautiful stories. You are clearly a gift and lovely lady.

    ReplyDelete