Sunday, June 17, 2012

Rounding it out.

Wow. What a whirlwind.

Since I was a little out of the loop the last couple days, I'm going to give you a quick round up of what has happened since Thursday.

On Wednesday, we finally went in to sign papers for our first house (yee!!) and on Friday morning, we officially became homeowners! Yay!

So, on Thursday and Friday I gave you a tour of our home!

The boys did some major yard work this weekend, totally tamed the juniper jungle a bit.

Thursday was also our first day in Vegas for my best bud/sister-in-law's bachelorette party. We had a cabana during the day...It was amazing.


Friday was another day in Vegas. But not just any other day--it was pin-up day! Emily loves all things pin-up (hence the cup design.) Instead of wearing matching outfits or t-shirts, I thought it would be fun for everyone to get in their rockabilly outfits and hit the town.

We started the day with a gondola ride at the Venetian:


Then, we got ready to go out and get our pin-up on!

Red lipstick all over the place. 

Ate dinner at Voodoo, they had an amazing roof-top bar with incredible views of The Strip.

All things come to an end, and we flew back to Portland on Saturday afternoon.

No rest for the wicked though, we threw a 'Trash the House' party to christen the new space before the contractors have at it. 


We played several games of Flip Cup Charades (a game I made up a couple years ago--and yes, it is as awesome as it sounds) beer/water pong, and lots of fun just hanging out and talking. 

Ben also announced to the group that he got an AMAZING promotion at work! Before long, Ben will have his very own Starbucks cafe--so proud of him!

But, after all this excitement, I was absolutely exhausted this morning trying to prepare for a Father's Day feast for my dad. We wanted to make it extra special for him because of all the hard work he put in to our new back yard on Saturday morning. 

So, I had all these great plans of the BBQ--but in tradition with Mother's Day, I poisoned myself with some potato chips cooked in peanut oil. Awesome. 

Took a giant swig of benedryl right away, and passed out for the rest of the afternoon. So, unfortunately, I wasn't much of a help preparing our feast.

My mom and Ben tag teamed and made these amazing ribs on the Traeger. They did a special recipe called 3-2-1. Takes 6 hours to make the ribs, but they were absolutely perfect.


Thankfully, before my self-induced anaphylaxis, I was able to start up an amazing batch of baked beans. This recipe was seriously awesome:

1 onion
1/2 lb ground beef
1/2 lb bacon
1/3 c sugar
1/3 c brown sugar
couple shakes of chili powder
couple shakes of black pepper
1/2 c ketchup
1/2 c bbq sauce
1 can each of kidney beans, great northern beans, and pork and beans

Just cook all the meat/onion together until cooked. Add everything but the beans and cook until it bubbles a bit. Then add the beans and drop it into a 300 degree oven for about 3 hours. Then it looks like this:
I usually don't like baked beans, but I can eat these ferrrdayzz.
This is going to be another exciting week. We're starting our painting tomorrow (yay!) flooring contractor is giving us a bid on Wednesday, and the appliances FINALLY get in on Saturday.

So a little programming note--the next week will be totally house-centric as we get ready to move out of our bitty apartment into our amazing home. Check back to see our progress!

Today, I'll leave you with my favorite picture of my dad and I. 

Words can't describe how special this moment was. 


No comments:

Post a Comment