Monday, June 4, 2012

Lapped it.

Woof. What a weekend.

I think I definitely need a weekend to recover from my weekend.

I left on Saturday morning to help my sister-in-law wrestle with a printer for her wedding invitations:


Then, we may or may not have gone shopping for Vegas. I may or may not have bought a pair of shorts that look like this:

But in Orange. I know....
They'll stay in Vegas. 
Then, early the next morning I hopped up on a ferry over to Kingston then drove to Sequim for a bridal shower.

Then, I drove home to Portland. To recap:

Pretty good lap, eh?
I got back to Portland around 6:30. But, no rest for the wicked--it was time to paint.



I wish I could tell you that this was our brand new remodeled bathroom in our new house. Nope.

While my parents are galavanting off in distant lands [Israel], we are painting their bathroom. Sometimes life is so unfair. [brat whine!]

Ben, being the favorite child of my parents (followed closely by Bella--the dog), volunteered to paint the bathroom after the drywall was hung. He spent Saturday priming the walls and ceiling in their brand new bathroom. Then, I stepped in on Sunday with a little extra primer in the closet and the first coat of color.

We finished around 11p last night, and now Ben is upstairs right now (6:00 here on Monday) doing a second coat and starting up the ceiling.

I can't wait to show you what their bathroom looks like when it's finished. Unfortunately, they didn't take any of my advice and picked out all their own stuff (the nerve!) But it will probably look awesome anyway, darnet.

So all this painting got me thinking--what are we going to do with our house?

I was thinking for a while that I wanted to look into wallpaper--but honestly that sounds like a big ol' drag. Especially because I have PTSD from when we took down wallpaper at my parents house when I was 14ish. [From memory, my parents enslaved us for a whole 3 HOURS steaming, soaking and ripping down wallpaper--the horror!]

Then, I discovered this site:

Ok...you had me at 'even better than wallpaper.'

Gone are the little baby rose stencils for borders, here are the big 2' x 3' giant stencils in awesome geometrical designs ready for ANY COLOR YOU WANT. Can I get an 'amen?'

This is just about perfect for me, because any wallpaper that I find likely doesn't come in the right color + right shape for what I want. Also, no glue--just a couple pieces of tape, a sponge brush, and patience. [The patience part will be the hardest.]

Here's the stencil I have picked out for the guest bath.

I know, right?
But not in black in white--I'm more thinking a pretty gray (where you see black) with a pearl/metallic white (where you see white.) Think about that, plus penny tile and yellow accents?


This one is a very close second, but I may use this for above our mantle of the fireplace in the family room:


And then, in the laundry area...think of this with tone on tone white/metallic pearl:

WHAT?


What are you excited about this week?


You should be excited for Tutorial Tuesday tomorrow--a craft project for a perfect bridal shower gift...


1 comment:

  1. Your help was VERY VERY appreciated on those darn invites!!! Curse that Company!! Thank you again! Couldnt have done it without you!!

    ReplyDelete