Sunday, July 15, 2012

Bathroom, revisited.

Aw, here it goes!

This weekend, we committed to transforming our bathroom from something that was only functional to something that was palatable for the near future until we were ready [and willing] to do a full remodel. 

We spent 12 hours and $121 [yeah! under the $200 budget!] and are thrilled with the results. 

Just for reference, here's what we started with [please excuse the iPhone photos, I swear I'm in the process of getting a big girl camera]:

White walls, at this point I ripped [literally] the doors off that cabinet.

Also, for reference, the paint is white. I don't live in a sepia home.

Here are those doors.
They were rusted shut. Nice, right?
These were the bathroom accessories.
I'll just say...they weren't my style. Sorry, ceramic sunflowers.
Someone else will love you.

So, I gutted the place [figuratively] and got to painting. Painting bathrooms is awesome. Why? Because they're little.

I can't wait for the day when I can get through a weekend without cleaning out a paintbrush.

We decided to paint the walls the same gray we used for the hallways. It's an awesome neutral and looks wicked-awesome with the white + brass thing I have going on. [I really wanted to find a way to say AWESOME again...]

Also--lookahtthat hardware! Yeah!

So, you might be saying to yourself, why no towel rod?

And I say, "towels dry weird when they're on towel rods" And, this looks awesome:

These pictures really aren't doing the bathroom justice. Sorrys.

Bye, bye Sunflowers. [I'll fill those holes up later when I paint the cabinet white.]
Now that all the painting was done, I got to play around with accessories. First, I went shopping around my garage and found some great stuff from my wedding that I used as a fun thing:

Hint for brides-to-be: Pick wedding colors that you would want to put in your house later. Let's be honest, you bought a lot of crap for your wedding decorations--might as well be able to use it later.

And no, drying your bouquet doesn't count. Nice try. 
Found an awesome lace shower curtain off of Amazon with brass hooks [yes!] Painted that ugly cabinet, filled it with guest towels and tied it all together with orange bath mats. Yeah!




I'm going to steal a nice camera later this week for Tutorial Tuesday, so I'll take better pictures eventually, but I was too excited to show you!

here is my cost breakdown:

Hardware (towel hooks + toilet paper thing): $35 (Home Depot, made by Delta)
Paint (already purchased...but if I had to buy 1/2 gallon of Miller Paint): $13
Shower Curtain + Hooks: $16 (Amazon)
Towels + Bathmats: $50 (Ross and Amazon)
Soaps and Lotion (pretty ones of course): $7 (clearance at Homegoods)
Random Accessories: $0 (from my garage)

Grand total: $121

So proud! This is definitely a space that we can't wait for our guests to use, and will tide us over until we have the time and energy to gut it!

Have a great week, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment