Thursday, July 12, 2012

Washing of the Brain

I always thought the term brainwashing was really funny. My original interpretation a-la-5-year-old-lauren, was that brainwashing was the cleaning and freshening up of the brain--a renewal. Whereas we, as all-knowing-adults, term brainwashing was the complete-alien-take-over of a person's brain by a third-party. Usually it's negative and associated with the demise of the brainwashed.

So, today, I wash my brain. A renewal, a Refresher [I love you Starbucks], and a restart. Taking the day to gather some good inspiration from the Street of Affordable Homes in Forest Grove, OR. And darnet, McMenamins Grand Lodge just happens to be somewhat close and it's a beautiful evening...

Here's some pictures from my day of washing the brain:




2 comments:

  1. I am LOVING the sliding closet door. Where? And how much? I have a few places I can think of putting these right now. Nice work. Love seeing the updates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately that's not our place with the barn door, but we are thinking about doing this to close off our laundry room from the hallway.

      I've found some awesome 'kits' for a cheaper alternative than calling out a contractor. One of the best places I've found is at http://rusticahardware.com/barn-door-hardware/?gclid=CPuh0u_anrECFQQaQgodck83fQ because they have a good variety of rustic + modern hardware. All together, you can get a pretty awesome door + hardware for under $700. Not cheap, but totally worth it.

      Delete