Sunday, July 8, 2012

Chicka chicka yeah!

Wow. what a weekend.

Let me give you a quick recap:

Saturday, 8am: The first stencil. Feelin' good. 

Saturday, 12pm: Trying out the corner stencil. Still feelin' fine.

Saturday, 3pm: Half way done. 80 degrees in the living room.
Starting to feel not fine.

Saturday, 7pm: 90 degrees in the living room. Tired arm.
Time to quit.
I'll do a tutorial on Tuesday for stenciling (including a review of the product I used.) Total time on this wall was about sixteen hours. Yeah, 16.

But, this was the end result:

Totes worth it!

I am sooo beyond thrilled. Looks awesome, really updates the room, and painting the built-ins really made the pattern pop.

I did a super crude [read: ugly] Photoshop checklist of the projects I have lined up for this very special wall:


It includes:

  • an awesome window seat. I don't know what color cushions I'm going to do yet, but I always love orange. Found these great outdoor pillows at Target;
  • putting/painting white trim around the window;
  • getting rid of those nasty blinds;
  • lace curtain on the window;
  • wall mounting the TV
  • possibly painting the fireplace metallic gold...don't tell Ben;
  • crown moulding at the top of the wall (only this wall, not the whole room); and
  • spray painting lots of things gold [that bottle is a sneak peak of a project later this week...stay tuned.]
I also think I may need to find a picture/art work the same size as the window to balance everything out... Still thinking on that one.

I am beyond thrilled with the result. More this week on the process and product. Stay tuned!


1 comment:

  1. This looks amazing Lauren! It's so awesome to see how you're transforming that great house into something even more fantastic. Can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete