Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Quick Change

Ben and I are eager to have our friends and family from Seattle and beyond be able to stay with us. That means unpacking/fixing up enough of the house that the guest bath and two bedrooms are ready.

But, the bathroom currently looks like this:


Yeah. That brown thing.

Now, I think the color brown has its place, but not in the guest bath. I've been gathering lots of inspiration all week for ideas of making this space up [enough] that it is ready for our guests.

Now, eventually, I would love for the bathroom to look like this:

That utility sink is key. 

Instead of the stark white walls, I want to do a nice gray. The floor will be glossy white, and all fixtures will be brass. I'm also toying with an idea of doing a small privacy window above the tub. Awesome, right? 

But for now I need to do things that will update the space, without doing anything really expensive.

I found this great shower curtain on Amazon:

$17


$25 for 3 mats.
Combine that with some brass hardware:


$9 for the hooks. Also getting a brass tension-shower rod, towel bars, and paper holder.
I also found this tutorial for painting formica countertops. I think it's worth a try. I'm going to paint the cabinets white, the counter top a nice aqua blue, and replace the faucet with something we can use when we remodel the bathroom.



Maybe something like this little cutie:

$178


When all is said and done, I'm hoping this project comes in at just under $200 [excluding the faucet.]

This project has to be done by Monday...so stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment