Monday, July 2, 2012

Here it goes again.

I'm sure you are all incredibly tired of me talking about the crazy move. Sorry of the lack of posts this weekend, but I had to take it off to be able to turn this:


Into this:


I was actually a little emotional as I snapped that last picture. We had a lot of really great times in that apartment. It was the first place I lived alone, it was Ben and I's first home as a married couple, and it was home base for our friends and family that made the trek down I-5 to see us. We started a lot of traditions in that home, but I'm thrilled to continue them in our new home and start the new fun times. 

The move went pretty smooth, it was just a lot of stuff and stress. There was this critical moment:


Then, thankfully...

Thank the Lord.

We got a lot of moving done. It was pretty awesome. We even made this happen:

My little oasis.
I always feel like there should be one area that 'looks' unpacked. So when you look at this:



You can turn around and see that not everything is in total chaos.

As I've told you before, we are planning on getting all wood floors. Dark wood floors. Aka: Really awesome looking dust collectors. After a lot of research, we decided to use our Costco Rewards check to get this little buddy. 



The whole time we've had little Morty (the Roomba's name, short for Mortimer), all I can think of is:


Don't tell Ben, but every time he leaves I put my iPhone on Morty and have him run around the house. Thanks, Tom. 


In other news, it's a new month! Thus, new design! I'm totally on the trend wagon this month with a mustard yellow chevron--but I love it. It screams, "C'mon Portland, let's play summer!"

No seriously, Portland. Let's play summer. Now. 


2 comments:

  1. Love the new design and your amazing design skillz. Stuuuuud. (Studette?)

    ReplyDelete