Wednesday, May 30, 2012

All falls down the right way.

Normally, it takes me two sessions to write a blog post. I start out with my initial idea in the morning, outline it out, then finish it at night.

Today's post was completely thwarted by an awesome change of fate.

I typically have really low blood pressure. I think my blood pressure peaked at about 100/80 while I was at PLU (high stress period.)

I'm pretty sure my blood pressure for the past three days has been 4 million/120.

Before I get into the reasons why, let me give you a little background on how I like things to go:


  1. I do not like surprises, sudden changes in plans, and I absolutely hate not knowing 'what comes next.' Now, this mainly refers to other people being in control of what comes next. If I'm in control, I don't care much--it's all of these other fools that make me stressed.
  2. When I don't know what comes next, I absolutely obsess over all the possibilities of what comes next.
  3. This obsessing turns to stressing out over the worst [and more than often least likely] of the possibilities. Not in a pessimistic way, more in a, ' let's not get our hopes up' kind of way. I guess that sounds a little pessimistic. 

For the past week or so, Ben and I have been in total limbo with this whole house ordeal. We knew we were approved to buy it we knew we would eventually be in the house--but the bank was keeping our closing date secret. Meaning, we didn't know if we would be closing in a week, or in a month. All secrets.

We desperately wanted to be able to remodel parts of the house before we moved in, but being in house-buying limbo we didn't know if we should schedule contractors, how we could get estimates and blah blah blah.

There were other areas of our life that were also in limbo [won't discuss here - no, I'm not pregnant.]

Today, within two hours [not exaggerating] everything that felt like it was up in the air, was solved. Not only was it solved, but it is all happening faster and better than we could ever dreamed.

We're closing on the house next week--closing costs are WAY lower than we thought.

Have an awesome contractor on board - estimate is on the way.

And those other things that were a little up in the air--were totally solved today.

[Exhale]

I don't know why I let myself get so worked up over this stuff.

How lucky are we, that our biggest worry right now is, 'what sink for the guest bath?'

So, now that I'm back to worrying about the design of the house - I've been working on products for the guest bath.

Unfortunately - or super fortunately, because of a big leak, we need to gut the whole bathroom and put it back together. Yeah!

So, here's what's up:

I decided on doing a white penny tile for the floor:




Also, the guest bath is really close to the laundry area (I say area, because it's just a little space in the hallway, no doors, no nothing.) So I wanted it to have a big ol' deep sink. So I'm out on a search to salvage an old farm sink that would be wall mounted. Found this one:

This is like $1680, but I'm convinced I can find one at an antique store or something like that.
Let me know if you have an old farm sink you want to get rid of--I'll buy it from you! Here

This one is a close second place:

This would be perfect to fit a puppy in it!
Give it little puppy baths! Here
Then, I found this awesome faucet:

I don't have a picture of the actual faucet. The actual one also has a sprayer.
Also perfect for washing a puppy!

And this little baby bathtub:


This one, but with brass fixtures. 

Exciting, huh? Finally at the part where I can stop dreaming, and start doing.
Yahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment