Monday, September 10, 2012

A birth, of sorts.

If anything is obvious today, it's that fall is almost upon us. Here in Portland, we got a little taste yesterday--about 65 degrees and a little cloudy. This morning was a little chilly, but super sunny and beautiful, then we moved into full-on-rain. Yum.

I'm also [relatively] ready for a big announcement. OK--this is a huge announcement.

And to be honest, this post is a little...late.

A little over 9 months ago, I started on this little-bitty blog adventure. I had a New Year's Resolution, to re-infuse my life with my creative passions. But, I needed something to fuel this resolution.

The purpose of this blog was mainly to keep me honest. I knew that if I had 3 people [outside my mom] that would read my blog, I would commit to it beyond January 2.

In the past nine months, you have seen me go from elementary-school style blog designs [sorry for January...], to finding ways to gussy up a wall of beadboard, to buying our first house, and you've seen me live-out my lifelong dream of painting a room black [BOOM!]

 In the same way, this blog has grown. I've gone from about 8 readers a day, to a couple hundred [thanks, guys!], and on a couple occasions--a couple thousand. Every day, I feel your support and I am so grateful of you coming on this little bitty blog journey with me.

But--this thing was only meant to last a year. And with 3 months left in this year, I've been getting a lot of questions: What's next?

Well, here's what's next:



As of January 1, 2013, hey, pretty [Design Co.] is opening shop.

I will [officially] offer help and consulting for all your home decor and party-aesthetic needs.

I will come to your house, help you pick out paint colors, show you how to hang your photos, and take you shopping. I will help you use what you already have to make your house your home. I will show you [inexpensively] how you could beef up what you already have and show you how you could add a couple things to really make your home shine.

I will design your invitations for your sister's baby shower/bridal shower/birthday party. [If you're nice] I will help you plan your wedding. I will help you pick out decorations for that candy table. I will put together favors, menus, and flower arrangements. Then, I will show you how you could re-use those decorations in your house.

This is all about approachable design, people. This is going to Ross and finding that perfect end-table. This is all about scouring Craigslist for that perfect chair that just needs a quick coat of paint to look perfect in your office. This is all about throwing that party that looks like a million bucks, and cost $50.

Where did this all come from? You.

Throughout this year, I've gotten tons of emails, comments and slaps on the arm, "Can you come do that to my house?" or "I need invites for my dog's third birthday, can you do that?"

Yeah, I can. And as of January 1, I will.

Over the next three months you're going to see a little transformation of my little corner of the internet. I'll be adding a couple more pages to the blog and starting a portfolio. At the start of the year, this blog will be transitioning into a spot for inspiration, easy DIY projects and to show off my client's new spaces, rockin' parties and general awesomeness. Posts will go from every day, to about 4 times per week.

I'm starting to schedule appointments and consultations for next year, so contact me over email or Facebook if you want more information.

Right now, I'm offering these services in the Portland Metro Area and Seattle/Tacoma Metro Area. If you live outside the NW corner of Interstate 5, contact me anyway--we may be able to work something out.

After nine months of growth, hills and valleys, I do feel like I'm giving birth to something big and overdue.

Thanks for all your support, I am so excited about this new chapter.

4 comments:

  1. It's about FREAKING TIME! Your too talented to keep it all to yourself and you will be the first person I call for anything design based! Congratulations and best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! Thanks, Erick! You're too nice. I could definitely extend my geographic scope out to Bend if you ever need anything.

      Delete
  2. Woohooo! I read your ish every day. Good luck with the business!

    ReplyDelete