Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tutorial Tuesday: Dino Butts

This little tutorial may be the best $3 I've ever spent in my life.

Friends: get ready for an over-abudance of cuteawesome.

I have for you: Dino Magnets


[Step One:] Go to the dollar store. Pick up a bag of those dumb animal/dinos/bug toys. Just make sure they're thick enough for a magnet.

I really wish they had animal figurines, too.
Little bear butts would be way too cayute.

[Step Two:] Go to the Hardware Store. Buy a thing of bulk magnets or a strip of magnet [preferably pretty strong ones.] Then, go to the spray paint isle. Grab some spray paint in your fav. color [I'm really trying to get my spray-paint habit spent before it starts raining and I can't do this outside anymore.]


[Step Three:] Go home. Get excited.

[Step Four:] Grab a pair of sharp scissors, sharp knive, or guillitine. Cut your creatures in half. [I said, 'sorry,' while I was doing it. Yes, it made me feel better.]


[Step Five:] SPRAY THEM! Do one side, wait a half hour and flip over. I did two good coats.

I also did this in the dark of night.
Now that the days are shorter, my creating-hours will be a bit more obvious...


[Step Six:] Fire up that hot glue gun and glue the magnet to the flat side of your creatures head or butt [I didn't have to do this because my magnets had a strong adhesive back, score!]




[Step Seven:] Feverishly ask your husband to color you a picture for the fridge.

Isn't that the cutest?
It's our house, in the sunshine. He made our door yellow, I'll take it as an OK to paint the door yellow.

Isn't that awesome? I've seen these things at places like Fuego or Urban Outfitters, and last week I saw a picture on Pinterest that convinced me it was time to do it on my own.


Total active 'creation' time for this little ditty was about 9 minutes. Seriously. So, get to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment