Saturday, September 8, 2012

Hold me, please.

Today was a mixed bag of emotions. So, apologies in advance if this post is a little ho-hum-bah-humbug.

I woke up with a migraine, found out I was out of Excedrin (which is now also not sold in stores?), took a double dose of advil and I was back in action, yes!

Went around looking for the perfect puppy bed [for those tracking, last week I bought a leash] but couldn't find one that went with the living room, drat. But, I did find some great sewing tutorials on-line, so stay tuned... Maybe next week I'll have a puppy to put on the leash in the bed.

Then, football. What a day.

I'm proud of my Oregon State Beavers! Won their first game of the year in a HUGE upset against Wisconsin! Played great, looked great, made me happy.

But then it all started going downhill. Nebraska decided they didn't need to practice for today's game. Defense looked horrible. I don't think they converted a single third down. T. Martinez got my hopes up with a 92 yard run for a touchdown. If I was voldemort Bo Pelini, I would fire the def. coordinator and beg his brother to come back. Then, I would make all the players learn how to catch a ball. Also, how to block. Also, how to cover the run. Also, how to cover passing. Then, find a kicker that knows how to kick.

Needless to say, I ended today super-cranky-head-hurting-needing-a-hug. Womp. Womp.

I saw someone's post on facebook about a pumpkin spice latte--immediately decided that would make me feel better. But, I'm a cranky old lady and I don't want to leave the house/be a member of society Option 2: Banana Pumpkin Spice Muffins. So delicious. So easy.

1.5 cups of whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of baking soda
.5 teaspoon salt

Sift it together

1/3 cup of melted butter
.5 cup sugar (I used equivalant of agave)
1 egg
3 mashed ripe bananas (real brown ones)
1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice

Mix these together (you can do it by hand, but it's super fast if you have a mixer.)

This stuff is bomb.com [do people still say that?]
Slowly stir in the flour mixture and only stir until it's combined. The less stir-ey, the more moist-ey. I don't know why, it's science. 



Put it into muffin tins or a greased muffin tray: 

You can do this loaf-style too.
It'll take a little bit longer [maybe 40 minutes or so]
 and you'll have to cut it later.
So do muffins, trust me.

Bake in a 350 oven for about 20 minutes. They're done when you stick a pointy object in one and it comes out clean. 

so delicious. somewhat nutritious.

These things are somewhat healthy [I guestimate these coming in at about 180 cals.] Which totally justifies the big slab of butter you just put on one.

Happy Saturday, all. Here's to a better tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Visiting via a link from Sar's blog and had to comment on college football: OSU's game was fantastic. My friend's son was a TE for OSU 2000-2005, so I've been watching them ever since and cheering them on (mostly). As for the UCLA (!!??) game, sorry, I was cheering for the PAC12 team. it's great to see any PAC12 team beat a ranked team. Well kind of, anyway -- looks like another very tough year for my PAC12 team (Wash.) since they have to play OSU (and UO & USC)...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Auntie H! Thanks for visiting. My husband is a HUGE Husky fan, thus I am a Husky fan [unless they're playing my Huskers, all bets are off.] I didn't mention them because it was a little too much insult-to-injury for one day of football. I have a lot of hope for UW this year, they looked rough against LSU but I think they found their faults and are going to have a good year in the Pac-12. Price is looking AWESOME.

      Delete