Saturday, September 29, 2012

Boy, oh boy.

OK--I was all excited about posting this, then last night our power went out at about 4 and didn't come on until well into the night. We had HUGE plans for the couch last night. We were going to plop down on this beautiful couch and watch The Avengers. Then, someone wrapped their car around a power pole [thankfully no one was hurt...but their pride] and our plans thwarted. But here's what I wanted to say:

Guess what showed up on my porch today? And by porch I mean giant truck with two furniture movers. [Man, they work fast.]



OHH IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL.

Somehow, this was more exciting than moving into our house. Maybe because it's done, perfect and brand new--the house was a definite work-in-progress. But this couch is done. It's new. And it's done.

Here's a couple close ups:


A nice close-up of the fabric. I LOVE IT!


What is Ben most excited about?
Ben is most excited about how it looks like with our remote.
...and no one is surprised...


And here's what it will look like once the new floors go in.

AHHHH!!! So freaking excited!
But here's the problem:

ew.

Obviously the scale of the light is all wrong--we're going to need a bigger boat. I'm thinking of the large hanging variety. Maybe this one...

The bar isn't really...working...here. But it might work if I accessorize it a bit. Going to try a couple things...stay tuned...

I came to the realization that I really need to paint that fireplace gold. So I'm going to. [tomorrow?...]

And the back of the bookshelves need something. I'm hoping it becomes obvious once I paint the fireplace.

But for today, I'm going to sit and watch football and totally soak all this new-ness in.

If you're looking for a new custom piece of furniture, I highly recommend going to Thomasville. They have a really wide range of styles and fabrics. The salespeople were also really good at gauging how much 'help' we needed or didn't need. We bought the Mercer Sectional which has about 12 different pieces you can mix and match to make the perfect piece for your space. [They didn't pay me to say this, wish they did, we just had a great experience.]

No comments:

Post a Comment