Thursday, September 13, 2012

Do you have that in burlap?

OK--saw this post on Design Sponge [my fav. go-to spot for all things pretty] and I couldn't wait until next week to try it.

here


So...immediately I thought of about a million ideas with said bleach + tape idea. But first, I wanted to do a test--we all know how some pins sound awesome and end up horrible.

So, I grabbed some scrap burlap.

I got a spray bottle, filled it with a bleach + water mixture and really shook it up.


I put some tape on the burlap [made sure it was flat and pretty.]


I sprayed it with bleach + water cocktail.


I removed tape.


I rinsed, I washed, I dried and waited anxiously.


I did a giant fist pump in the air.

I've got an awesome, big, giant plan for this technique.

It's going to fill out a very boring front door...



Oh, and just for fun--a gratuitous picture of my parent's dog, Bella, chasing ducks at the pond by my house:

No comments:

Post a Comment