Thursday, August 2, 2012

Ahhhh

What a perfect day in a not-so-perfect way.

I started out this morning really rough. I've had a weird relationship with food this week. On Sunday, I was at a bridal shower and ate something that the wonderful host said didn't include nuts, but went into anaphylactic shock. Fast. Then, today, I ate blueberries...BLUEBERRIES...and went into shock during a meeting. So, basically, I'm terrified to eat. Anything. 

I'm getting full-on-scritchy-scratchy allergy tested on Monday morning...but until then, I'm actually pretty terrified to eat.

So, I had a rough morning.

But all was made so much better when I was able to go to a gallery opening for the one and only:


For those of you that do not know Nicole personally, imagine the nicest person you know, the most passionate person you know, and the prettiest person you know...and combine them into one person. 

Nicole is the wife of the equally awesome Todd. They left Portland a few years ago to go pursue their dreams--and they are both totally killing it in their respective fields. 

Nicole is a super talented artist. Please check out her work here. I took a couple pictures with my dinky little iPhone but the website is a better representation of her work and how awesome she is. 




I have trouble pinpointing my favorite part of Nicole's work, but I think my favorite is how she incorporates different mediums and lets them be. Untamed, seemingly unplanned, and awesome. 

On her website [right here] check out her work titled, Blush. It's the first collection that I saw from her, and I think it still stands to be my favorite. It is so raw. It is so difficult. And it really set a standard for how I look at art.

As I continue with this project, and continue training my creative brain, I'm finding that it's more and more important that I keep looking to people like Nicole that are making real, meaningful, passionate art. 

So please, check her out here

And Nicole and Todd: it was so awesome to see you. I'll still be hoping that someday you land back in Portland...for good. 

1 comment:

  1. Lauren...honored, grateful and so happy to have you in my life. We loved seeing you and Ben in your new home, and then to eat sushi with all the ladies tonight. What a fantastic way to end our trip here! xoxo

    ReplyDelete