Thursday, August 23, 2012

I see a red door and I want to paint it black....

I wanna see it painted black!

It's no secret. Ever since Ben and I signed a giant check over for our house, I've wanted to paint something black. First, I really wanted to paint a bathroom:

Still totally going to do this...in due time... here
Then, our bathroom project got a little sidetracked when I rediscovered my love for really expensive things... [the only faucet I could dream of putting in here costs at least $600...danget, Lauren!]

Last weekend in my sleep deprived state, I decided I would completely revamp what I'm calling, 'MY CREATION ROOM.' [add cackle via Dexter's Laboratory.]

I don't want to call it a craft room.

Because it's not a craft room. I don't want spools of ribbon hanging off of cute hooks. I don't use ribbon. I don't really like cute.

This is going to be a true creative cave. A place where I can start projects and not finish them. A place where I can walk in at 9am with a plan, and leave at 9pm with glue in my hair.

This is not a place for scrapbooking, needlepoint or present wrapping.

So naturally, it's going to be black.

Here's my inspiration:

here
here

[ok...really dark steelbluegray.]

I chose this color from Miller Paint [my fav. paint], it's called Midnight Magic. Yeah.

[full disclosure: I painted a sample up on my wall (looks awesome) but my iPhone camera is making it look crazy. So...trust me.]

And now, here's the super ambitious part: I want to do some major wainscotting. Major.

Like this:

Don't pay attention to the colors [blech] but that design is awesome and will be great all-white.
here

But let's be honest. I have no idea how to do that...yet...

So for now I shall settle with GIANT BASEBOARDS:

here

I'm also prepping for some major picture hanging (FINALLY...a place for those dang wedding photos) that will include a couple original drawings, some sentimental pieces and a whole lot of awesome.

here

I'll wrap up the project with a great window treatment, and sprucing up the Ikea furniture (totally breaking out the gold spray paint...)

Step one starts this weekend: Time for some black paint!

[ok...dark-steelbluegray...]

No comments:

Post a Comment