Monday, August 6, 2012

Beer Beer Beer


Happy Monday, everyone!

To keep you updated on the ongoing saga of my mystery allergies--today I finally got some answers! I had an allergy test this morning [I was going to show you a picture, but it's too gross for the blog world.] On one arm I was tested for environmental allergens (pollens, molds, etc.) and on the other arm I was tested for food allergies (fruits and nuts.) I had a super severe reaction to birch, grass and all the nuts. So severe, we had to stop the test a little early and gave me a shot to stop the reaction.

So...cool... I'm allergic to nuts, birch and grass, right? Uh, not so fast. If you are allergic to those things, you are highly likely to be allergic to foods like apples, avocados, cherries, tomatoes, kiwi, potatoes, wheat, fennel...and the list goes on. But, there are several items on that list I have not had a reaction to [yet] and he encouraged me to keep eating them until I have a reaction.

Interesting fun fact about allergies: You are most likely to develop food allergies in your 20s than during any other time during your life. I'll just call 25 the year of the nut.

So, I walked out of there with a whole lot of knowledge, a couple epi-pens, and a whole lot of nausea. I was super sick almost all day today and I'm still feeling a little hazy.

Grass was BY FAR my worst reaction, and he encouraged me to relandscape our yard without grass. Obviously, I'll never be able to get fully away from grass, but he told me I deserve an oasis--hear that Ben? So look forward to awesome non-grass landscape ideas in the very near future!

SOOO anyway, back to non-medical emergencies: How was your weekend?

I started on an AWESOME top-secret project that I am so excited to share with you--but not for a couple more weeks. It involves one of my top favorite things in the world: beer!

Today, I gathered some primo inspiration for my project:


This is a rum, but I still like it

here.
By ddla, found here.
here

here

and, you can't forget:

here. It is the champagne of beer...


Now, I just have to decide: to label, or to stencil? I really wish I had enough time for stencil....


Enjoy the HOT HOT weather! I love it, except when I'm trying to sleep. 

Then, I curse the world.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're getting some answers so you can eat again. Sorry you have to give up cockroach poo. That will be tough. Excited to see where you're going with the beer project. And here's a link - we're thinking about some of the same things with our yard:
    http://www.sunset.com/garden/earth-friendly/lose-the-lawn-low-water-landscaping-00400000041830/

    ReplyDelete