Sunday, August 12, 2012

Taco Night!

For the past month or so, we've been watching movies with a pretty consistent bunch of people on a weekly basis.

Last week, we made it official. We made a Facebook group. 

Movie Night @ the Reese's is a weekly celebration of cinema and food. Last week we saw The Dark Knight Rises. It was so intense we had to sprint over to Hall Street for happy hour. Too many questions.

Naturally, we sought answers to our 'what the heck?' questions from seeing DKR, and watched Batman Begins this week. 

Also, now we can finally sleep at night. 

Last night we did a taco bar--it was awesome! It was also a totally Pinterest-laced event for me. 

I made pulled pork/carnitas via this pin (recipe is from Budget Bytes)

This picture is from Budget Bytes--I forgot to take pictures of this before it was devoured. 
But, I didn't stop there. I made homemade taco shells via this pin [cupcake pan shells, anyone?] 


It didn't stop there--I made baked tortilla chips using a similar technique as above, sans cupcake pan.


Our awesome guests filled out the rest of the taco bar with awesome toppings. Winco had Jarritos + Corona on sale...soo...naturally...


For those of you that saw Batman Begins circa 2006ish--I highly recommend you revisit it after seeing the other two installments. While it isn't the strongest of the trilogy, it definitely sets up the story lines for The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises. It also makes No. 3 an even better movie--if that's possible. 

All and all--this weekend was a huge success. I fell in love with our house [again], had an awesome crew over for an awesome movie, and spent today wine tasting/food tasting at The Bite of Oregon with my two favorite guys. 

Two thumbs, way up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment