Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Did it again....are you surprised?

It happened again.

I swore I was going to try another color. I stood in the paint isle at Home Depot for a good 15 minutes. I considered every color...


Goldfingerrr
I ended up painting them all bright gold. Gold, gold, GOLDGOLD. I swear I tried to resist. But I couldn't.


Painting frames is super easy, and takes little to no prep-work.

I started out by giving each of these a quick swipe with a fine sand-paper and wiped them down with a damp cloth.

Then, I laid out a drop cloth and got ready for some serious painting.


Since these were all black, I planned on giving them three good coats of paint. Make sure to spray about a foot away, you don't want drips.

Also--pet peeve alert--paint the insides of the frames...seriously, it's important. If you don't, I will notice, and I will point it out to you in a super judge-y way. [ok..that was harsh, but craftsmanship is important!]

Here was the aftermath:


Oh, they look awesome.

I'm giving them a good 24 hours of drying time in the garage to make sure the paint sets well. 

Phase 2 is almost halfway done--next step, arranging them on the wall...hopefully tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment