Monday, August 27, 2012

Hang it up.

 
 Today was day one of phase two of the Creation Cove (I had to change the name from Creation Cave because Ben told me we can only have one cave in this house, and it's his Man Cave... I'll let him win that battle.)

In order to visualize the big picture collage, I took an inventory of all the pictures we had, and started to create a feel.



I think I have a good thing started (won't show it yet...) Tomorrow I'm going to paint some frames and start planning a couple drawings to be hung.

In the meantime, I wanted to share a couple sources of tips to creating picture collages and hanging frames in an aesthetically pleasing way.

here is an awesome tutorial on creating a 'gallery wall' using wax paper to mark nail holes.
The same blog has a great diagram for hanging pictures in different room set-ups.
One of my favorite blogs, Young House Love, used scrap newspaper, traced their frames, and arranged them on the wall.
Here's a great tip to make sure you put the nail in the right place on the wall.
 Do you have any tips for hanging frames? I'd love to hear them!

3 comments:

  1. I am living vicariously through you right now!

    Also, have you read Little Green Notebook? Jenny, who runs the blog, just moved to a new place and it seems like a lot of her plans are similar to yours, with the dark walls and general awesomeness.

    http://littlegreennotebook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOO! Awesome! Just checked her out--love her latest on the upholstered wall! My mind is already swimming with possibilities....

      Thanks, Lucy!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete