Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Cat + Bird

Two great friends of mine, Annie and Casey, made their own wine.

Yes. Their own WINE. They are so cool. 

This included stomping 100 lbs of grapes. Ugh. So cool. 

I was at their home the other day, and I got to see the wine as it was aging in the bottle (they even sealed it with wax. They are too cool. Seriously!)

To ensure that I someday would get to try the wine they made, I offered to design a label for them (nice strategy, huh?)

Here's what Casey gave me to start with:

So. Cool. 

The wine is called: Cat and Bird, 2011 Willamette Valley Pinot Gris.  

Today, I decided to start by just working with the type. I started illustrating the cat and the bird, but I'm not quite ready to show them to the world (or Annie and Casey.) But, here's my starting point:


 

No comments:

Post a Comment