Monday, March 26, 2012

Happy Birthday, Ben!

Today is Ben's official birthday. Since it's his official Golden Birthday, we've been celebrating for a while. Yesterday, we went on an epic DT Portland drinking extravaganza (in the middle of the day) that included a Rum Keg + Mai Tais at Trader Vics, dropped off for a burrito and beer at Cha! Cha! Cha! and rounded out the Pearl Tour at Rogue with whisky and a sampler. 

Then we went home and ate cheeseburger pizza from Papa Murphy's (surprisingly, this WAS AWESOME.)

I won't spoil what I got him for his birthday, but it's pretty epic. And, I think I'll have some extra street cred with his boys.

But, here's his special birthday treat (Reese Brownie Muffins, obvi a family recipe):

I buy the giant Costco box of brownie mix, so here's my make-shift recipe. 

Put the batter into a well-greased muffin sheet.
They invented these awesome Reese's that don't have wrappers. YES.
Sometimes I really wish I wasn't allergic to nuts.
Actually, all the time I wish I wasn't allergic to nuts. I MISS YOU NUTELLA!
Plopped one right in the middle. 

Since these were in muffin tins, it only took 30 minutes at 325 to bake.

I'll let you know the review later. I can't personally eat one because of my new nut allergy (can you tell I'm a little obsessive?)

Now, on to the more important part of today.

Happy birthday, Benny.

You are one of the most inspirational people I know. 

Look at those hops!

You are the nicest-most-caring person I know (seriously, he is--you would totally agree.)

Nice enough to not let me fall down. 

You never do something half-way, you give your all in everything you do. That includes relationships.


Ben and his boys, giggling. 

You always let me do what I want--a very important characteristic in any person.

I'm pretty sure this was when I was telling him that he needed to keep smiling for the pictures.

And, on the plus side: You are darned good looking.

Hey, GQ.

So, happy birthday, Benny! Thanks for being you. 



P.S. All the pictures from the wedding are courtesy of Blake James Photography and Katy Weaver Photography. Srrsly check them out for all your photo needs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment