Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Starbucks Cup

Happy St. Patty's Day, all!

I love St. Patty's Day, not because of all the drinking--but mainly because I can order Guinness and nobody says, "Oy, Guinness? That's like drinking a meal!"For the record--no it's not. And, according to the Guinness Brewery itself--has the lowest carb count of most beers. 

[Side Note: If you ever go to Dublin--you MUST do the tour at the Guinness Factory. It has supplied me with countless fun facts about our favorite stout, and lots of cool bar tricks.]

[Second Side Note: If you ever go to Europe--you MUST go to Dublin. It is like the Portland of Europe. Totally awesome, hasn't quite been 'discovered' yet, and the Irish people are crazy/awesome. But, watch out for the Australians...]

Thanks for traveling on that tangent with me. Now, on to today's project: The Starbucks Cup.

Ben works for Starbucks. Heard of them? 

He also happens to work with a great team of partners (SBUX speak for 'co-workers.') Ben and crew decided they wanted to start a monthly challenge--with the award being the Starbucks Cup. For March Madness, they are doing a friendly little bracket pool.

Thus, I was commissioned with making the cup. Ben headed out to Value Village and found quite the chalice:

BAH BAH BAAAHHH!
So, I set out on an etching adventure.

I love this frikkin' thing.
Pretty type, right? Totally chalice worthy.
It's called Atreyu--from Lost Type.
Pro tip: To avoid the total embaressment of putting this thing on crooked, it would be wise to
cut this long label into 3 pieces, right?

Yeah--totally figured that out before I put it on there. 
My nail color is seriously my new favorite.
I'm constantly finding ways to take pictures of my hands for the blog.
So far, I'm up to two pictures. 


I was too excited so I didn't wait for it to dry all the way after washing the etching cream off.
That's why it looks a little silly/messy. Promise it looks perfect after drying.
Fun, right? They're going to award the Starbucks Cup every month to the winner of the challenge.

Best news about this cup? It perfectly fits a tall iced americano with a little soy and caramel sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment