Sunday, March 25, 2012

Easter Practice

Ben and I are having our first Easter 'alone' this year. So, I've been dreaming up ideas for how to make this one special. 

Frankly, Easter is an early morning holiday--and I am not an early morning person.  Thus, I am thinking of easy brainless things/things I can do in advance.

I found super easy cinnamon roll bunnies on the Betty Crocker website, so I tested out the recipe before hand [I'm a big skeptical of baked goods that come out of a can...] 


The goods. (It's the 8 roll pack.)
Each bunny takes two rolls. Unroll one into a strip, then fold it into itself to make the ears.
Pinch the middle, and attach to another roll. Then press a couple raisins in as eyes (push 'em in real hard so they stick.)
Bake them like the package tells you. 
The frosting comes in a little cup, so pour it into a baggie and cut the tip to make a piping bag. 
Betty Crocker wants you to use sliced almonds as teeth. I'm deathly allergic to nuts, thus I used frosting.
Totally turned out looking like Hitler. Good thing I practiced before to Easter... 
Based on my moderate success, and little-to-no-early-morning-brain-power these should be a winner for Easter. 

2 comments:

  1. Nicole just walked in the room having no idea what I was looking at and said, "Hitler toast?" Happy Easter everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Or maybe I shouldn't love it. Bunnies really shouldn't have much resemblance to Hitler...

    ReplyDelete