Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Wagamama-dos

It's Wednesday! We're almost there!

Today, the Boss and I spent the morning (7-noonish) outside. in the rain. and the cold. ugh. 

I'm still thawing.

I was super excited for another Wagamama night. Since I was so cold, I opted for another ramen.

Today's ramen: Chili Beef! The process was similar to Monday's Chicken Ramen.  IE: Cook some meat, cut up some veggies, cook some noodles, cook up some broth, and combine. 

Started out by frying up a steak:

I got a top sirloin, it was plenty for two servings.
Rubbed both sides with a little bit of oil and s&p, then cooked it up until medium-rare.
Again, I made sure to get all my veggies together before everything was cooking. 

I did green onion, straight up onion, bok choi, and bamboo shoots.
So this next part went by so fast I didn't have time to take pictures. But, it's simple:
  1. Finish cooking the steak, set it aside for a couple minutes, then slice it into thin pieces.
  2. Cook your noodles, I used Japanese ramen noodles, only takes about 3 minutes.
  3. Make some yummy chili sauce: 1 part fish sauce, 1.5 parts sweet chili sauce, 1 part rice vinegar, little baby bit of sugar. Mix it up well, set it aside for a bit.
  4. Heat up your stock. (Chicken or Veggie works best)
  5. Time to plate! Here's the order of the layers: noodles + veggies + meat + stock. Then, add the yummy chili sauce to taste.

It looks something like this, and tastes awesome. So. Awesome. 
Here's for hoping for better weather tomorrow. I don't know if I can handle the rain-cold-not-sticking-snow for that much longer...


No comments:

Post a Comment