Monday, March 19, 2012

Week-o-Wagamama

I love Wagamama.

What's-a-wagamama?

Oh boy, do I have a treat for you.

Wagamama is an excellent Japanese noodle restaurant in London. I was introduced last year when I visisted my friend. Why was Wagamama so awesome? It was the only thing in London that wasn't deep fried, smashed, or mushed. It also didn't cost $50. It was also highly edible. 

For my birthday, Emilie got me the Wagamama cookbook--score!! Thus, welcome to the week-o-Wagamama! I'm going to cook a delicious meal from this cookbook every night this week. I hope to start this type of cookbook series once a month...Maybe for April I'll do Mastering the Art of French Cooking. Or not...

I started  with an easy favorite: Chicken Ramen. 

I started out by cutting all the veggies ahead of time. My experience with most asian-style cooking tells me that this thing may cook super fast and make me super stressed if I don't do this... I'm so glad I did.
You can really use whatever veggies you want, but I used bok choy, green onion and bamboo shoots.


Heated up a pan and cooked some chicken. After it was cooked, I cut it into bite sized pieces
 
While I was cooking up the chicken, I cooked up the noodles. It only took about 3 minutes to cook these. After they're done, I rinsed them with cold water.
This is not Top Ramen. This is real ramen. (At least I think it is--I couldn't read the Japanese on the label...)
I forgot to take a picture, but I also heated up some chicken stock. You can use homemade if you are into that kind of thing...I used a tsp of 'Better than Boullion' and it was awesome and took .5 seconds. 

 Now, to plate! This is probs the easiest part. Put the cold noodles in a bowl. Throw in a handful of your veggies. Put the chicken on top. Then, pour the super hot stock over the top. 


...and.....
   
Tah Dah!! It was awesome. This is definitely going to become one of my favorite weeknight/left-over veggies meal. So easy, so yummy, and tastes awesome with hot sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment