Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Who's That Girl?

See this girl?
Hey, Emilie!

That's my best friend Emilie and I on my wedding day.

Guess what? Today's her BIRTHDAY!

She's pretty great, so today, I'm celebrating everything Emilie.

Emilie is your epic wing-lady. Not in the way that she helps people pick up dudes/chicks. She is the best person to have around with the going gets tough, and you need to get going.

See? The epic 'hanger ribbon debacle' of October 15, 2011. Emilie was
able to cut the ribbons off with wimpy sewing kit scissors. Go Emilie!
The best photos I have are from my wedding, so deal with it.
Emilie is so much fun. She's pretty much down for everything. She even let me tag around with her for two weeks last year in London and Ireland. True Story: In a bar in Dublin, Emilie and I met two very jolly [read: drunk] men from Australia. They were having a great time, and after we told them that we would NOT go home with them, Aussie No. 1 threw a full pint [glass included] of beer at Emilie's head. She ducked at just the right time, and we got sprayed [read: drenched] with beer. Why is Emilie awesome? We kept partying--and have an awesome story. (I left out about 99% of this story for the benefit of our mothers/grandmothers and you.)

Emilie, probably giggling at me stressing out.
Also, Emilie has the honor to have been born four days before I was. Meaning, we are forever intwined by having the same birthday week, and millions of opportunities for JOINT BIRTHDAY PARTIES!

Here she is, catching some major air. 

Finally, she is absolutely brilliant. How many people do you know that had an EMMY before they turned 25? Now you know one: Emilie! She is an absolutely insanely talented documentary filmmaker, and I can't wait to be her date to the Oscars in a couple years (HINT HINT!) OK--maybe I'll be at home watching her accept her Academy Award...but still... She will definitely get there.

So, Happy Birthday Emilie! I miss you, and *hopefully* we'll make it to Oktoberfest this year :)

Picture is not mine, it can be found and praised here.

Here's to your best year yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment