Sunday, October 28, 2012

Happy Birthday, Dad!

Sorry for the late/sporadic posts lately. I've been feeling very oddly under-the-weather lately. If anyone has a cure for frequent migraines that don't involve dopamine/serotonine-blockers...I'm all ears.

But, today is a very important day:


Yes, you guessed it. It's my Dad's birthday.

At least once a week, I hear from my mom, "You are so much like your Dad."

Then, the next time I see my Dad, it's usually followed by a, "You are so much like your Mom."

Well, I guess if I am a perfect hybrid of the both--not too shabby.



My Dad is my constant reality check. He brings me back to Earth when my ideas are closer to Mars. I never tell him that he's right, and I never will.


My Dad is able to keep up with five [Bella counts] women pretty well. He always knows he's wrong.

Ben is totally obsessed with my Dad [he'll readily admit this.] "Your Dad would like this, right?" is a common phrase in this household.

This is my Dad's side of the family at the wedding--so awesome to have everyone together.
My Dad has spent countless hours over at our new place, raking cubic tons of pine needles, trimming rhodies, cleaning metric tons of pine needles out of the gutters, and eradicating the forest of mint growing in the back yard. A beer never shows the amount of gratitude we have for everything he's done.

This was from the father/daughter dance.
We danced to Johnny Cash, a Bob favorite.

He even put my mail-box flag up yesterday--he noticed I forgot when dropping some bills in the mail. Thanks, Dad.

My Dad is a true caretaker. Something only those close him get to see. He cares so much for those around him. Something my sisters and I got to see at the passing of our grandmother.


Those of you who know my Dad, know how cool he is. 

This is when my Dad and my sister won a beer pong tournament at PLU.
They went about 12 rounds. 
Happy birthday, Dad. Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment