Thursday, October 18, 2012

Hey, awesome [installment one]

I'm burning some more midnight oil tonight catching up at work, but I want to start a new series I call: Hey, awesome.

Basically it's things that I think are awesome.

If you've been following this blog for a while, you have probably noticed how much I love living in Portland. It's the best city ever. And no, we don't have any room for more people. [ok...just kidding...]

One of the many things Portland has to offer are awesome bumper stickers about living in Portland.

There's the famous:

here


And it's more awesome counter-part:

here
And we have other ones like the famous "I got VD in Portland" from Voodoo Doughnuts. We're witty people down here.

But this one takes the cake:

Portland's area code is 503. Get it?
OK. Let me explain why this bumper sticker is perfect:
(1) It can only be understood by people living around and/or aware of Portland;
(2) It shows our love of tall green plants;
(3) It is super witty; and
(4) It's totally an inside joke that everyone in Portland is in on.

Someone was handing these out at a Blazer game last night and Ben brought me about 9 of them home because he knew I would love them.

Five-oh-tree...I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment