Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Twelve Weeks of Homemade Gifts: Week Three - Wreaths

Heading into week three of...



yahoo!! Today's gift: Wreaths.

Wreaths are awesome because (1) they are easy; (2) they are really hard to screw up; (3) you can make them out of almost anything. Seriously.  I'll show you two easy ones using a couple supplies I had around my house [and a couple things I had to go out and buy.]


I have a bunch of ribbon, some burlap, two wreath forms [one cardboard and one wire.]
I also used some scissors, hot glue and rope.
Let's start with mr. burlap wreath.

Started with a cardboard form:


Took hot glue and started the burlap on the form.

Now, twist and wrap:


Don't forget to fluff. The fluffing part is very important. I was going for a cowl-neck-y wreath. Finish it with hot glue on the end. 

Now, embellish:

and that's it. Seriously. 5 minutes. Looks awesome. Yeah. 

Now, wreath number two took a little longer, but took zero brain power.

Start with your wire form. Cut a bunch of ribbon about 7 inches long.

Now, do this:


Now, just keep on doing that forever until you make it all the way around your form. 

Full disclosure: I wanted to do the entire thing out of the red reindeer ribbon, but I ran out.
Craft store closes at 9...soo....


Candy!
Wreath no. 2 looks way better hung up because it's got this flow-y thing going on.

There you have it. Week three of Twelve Weeks of Homemade Gifts.

Here's the other two weeks for reference:

Week Two: Rope Bracelets

Week One: Quote Vase




No comments:

Post a Comment