Thursday, October 11, 2012

It's that time of year...

October 15 marks Ben and I's first [wedding] anniversary. It's crazy it was already one year ago, but it's also crazy that it was ONLY one year ago. This year has brought a huge amount of changes--all good--to our lives.

Since I haven't really shared a bulk of our wedding photos on Facebook or any other medium, I thought I'd take the next couple days sharing our day. Each day I'll share a different part of October 15.

Today, the preparation:

[All photos are courtesy of Blake James Photography and Katy Weaver Photography. Don't blame them for the editing, I did that]

We had a great makeup artist, Kim King.


Those pesky hanger-ribbon things.
We were trying to cut them with nail scissors.


We were trying to spell things with our robes.
Problem when most people's name started with M or E.

My mom MADE those. So cute!
We filled them with little 'prep' trinkets like tissues, lotion, hairspray, etc.

There's those ribbon things again. Get it, Emilie!




Weddings are all about 'Hurry up, and wait.'
There was a lot of 'wait.'



Little Boo Boo looked so pretty. 

Little Emilie and Little Megan.

Our flowers were AMAZING.
Bella Bloom Florals.

My mom's corsage was amazing.
Little bitty ranunculus with a little bit of ribbon.

Slab it on, Kim. I just cried it off 2 hours later.

See how pretty they are!
This is my mom and little Boo Boo

I remember sitting there thinking, Can I put my dress on yet?

Pretty sisters

There are about 40 pictures of Emily and I doing this exact pose all day long.



Finally, my dress!






There are never as many of guy 'getting ready shots'...but here's what I have....


Jimmy Johns, eh? Hangover food...

Look what I can do!



Help with the pocket square.

Reading my card [I got him that watch he is wearing.]


The reason why the hangover food was needed.
Thanks, Trevor. I'm still going to kill you.
Apparently, it was a 'tequila tasting' not a raging tequila shot contest.
Tomorrow, portraits!

No comments:

Post a Comment