Tuesday, October 23, 2012

OOO. Boy.

 
 
I've been feeling a little overwhelmed lately. Probably mostly because I've put in bookoo (sp?) hours at work lately and haven't had a second to recoup.

Beyond stuff at work, I've been feeling a little overwhelmed with...boredom. Not boredom in the way that I have nothing to do--believe me, I have more to do than myself plus two assistants. This is the boredom in the, 'EVERYTHING IS ALWAYS THE SAME' way. This blog has become a little to...routine...for me. Way too comfortable. Must. Get. Out. Of. Comfort. Zone.

So I'm taking this back to its roots. I am committed to trying a couple new things to end this year of creation. So tonight, I'm taking....A SEWING CLASS! WAA!!

How this came about: I was talking to my mom about wanting to learn how to sew [my mom is a great seamstress, but I don't think I can let her teach me how.] I looked into a couple classes at a couple locations--most of which had month-long classes on Saturday mornings. Unfortunately, I can't commit to a whole month full of Saturdays until about April...so...no. Then, one day, like a sign from above, I get an email from my mom about an amazing Living Social coupon for 2 beginning sewing classes plus $25 worth of fabric at A Common Thread for...get it...$35!!!! Obviously I snatched that up before you could say, "bobbin." Ffull Disclosure: I don't know what a bobbin is. Probably find out tonight.]

I'm having dreams of all the wonderful projects that I can do once I learn how to sew in a straight line..yes! So, unfortunately, tonight's regular post of 12 Weeks of Homemade Gifts is going to be postponed for tomorrow, because tonight I'm headed to that class.

So get ready for a bunch of easy, beginner sewing tutorials in the near future. Here's a couple of projects that have my sewing scissors trembling:


Cosmetic Case
Idea Tutorial Here.
Roman Shades
Tutorial Here.
A Christmas Tree Skirt
Idea here.
That'll get me through next week. Can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you used bookoo in your blog. I guess awesomeness runs in the family

    ReplyDelete