Saturday, October 13, 2012

Little Baby Boo Boo

Taking a break from sharing our wedding photos today, because it's Little Baby Boo Boo's birthday.

She is going to be so mad at me for posting this picture. 



Something a little more recent.

Twenty years ago today, Boo Boo [legal name: Clarissa] was born. I was five-ish. I was super excited to have another sister [Megan had already taken over my only-child status, so at this point I was OK adding another girl to the bunch.]

This is Megan and Boo Boo. 
In fact, I was so excited to have a new sister, I promptly gave her the "worst case of chicken pox" our pediatrician had ever seen when she was three months old. Welcome to the world, little baby.



Being the baby of the family, Boo Boo did a pretty good job of keeping up with the two of us. Like when we bought a bucket of beers in Cabo when she was 13. [sorry, mom.]



But then there's the times that we are keeping up with her. Boo Boo is a straight up genius.


There is going to be a time, not far from now, that she discovers a new spider in the Amazon that leads to the cure for cancer. Seriously.


Or maybe [I hope] she'll find a way to cure nut allergies. She'll do something big. I know it.

I was sitting around this week [I had a lot of time to think] thinking about the three of us and where we are.

Megan is in Minneapolis volunteering for Habitat for Humanity. Of course she is.

I'm living in Portland working with my Mom doing environmental consulting. Of course I am.

Boo Boo is in Ecuador/Galapagos for the semester studying bugs. Of course she is.




We're a little older than the girls that played Flinstones McDonalds in our front yard. We're a little older than the girls that fought to no avail throughout our high school years. But we're still the same girls that can laugh for hours together.

I'm so excited for both of them to come back at Christmas so we can get back to bugging each other.


Happy Birthday, little baby. I love you. I miss you tons.

No comments:

Post a Comment