Monday, January 30, 2012

Brown Paper Bag meets Glitter Unicorn Princess, achieved?

The first of the month is quickly approaching, meaning that I need to finish my redesign. Not to make excuses, but I am: I'm still super sick. I just can't shake this thing. I got a lot worse today, the demon moved from my sinuses to my chest and is doing double-dutch jump rope with my esophagus.

I needed to get a head start on -at least- the new banner. To refresh your memory, I was going for a 'brown-paper-bag-meets-glitter-unicorn-princess' theme. Here's what I designed:

Brown-paper-bag-meets-tape-crafting-princess?
I give myself a C+ on this one, with extra credit for using Photoshop for something other than editing photos (I despise this practice, but I did it anyway. Pretty cool tape, eh?) I like the color, and I semi-like the type, it's just not perfect. I also didn't achieve 'glitter.' I tried--but I am not good enough with non-photos in Photoshop to really get the 'ooo shiny' part of glitter. I'm going to try again tomorrow night, we'll see!

I'm off to bed. I've slept through about 21 of the last 24 hours with a quick break to the doctor for him to tell me the most frustrating words a doctor says to you: "It's a virus, fluids and sleep." Doesn't this make you want to scream? Hey: If Newt Gingrich thinks it's worth our tax-payer dollars to build a human colony on the moon, let's throw some [more] money at a virus killer!


Speaking of tax-payer dollars: If you live in Oregon, make sure you vote/drop off your ballot by tomorrow [Jan 31] at 8:00pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment