Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Maintaining Speed. (Part One)

I'm starting to catch my rhythm with this project. It started slow, but I'm picking up speed. Most days, I am excited to think of and do my project du jour. But, looking at my calendar for the next two months, I am starting to think there will be days in the near future I will need a little inspirational help.

Thus, the Idea Jar. A jar filled with ideas. Novel.


This cannot be just any ordinary cookie jar. It at least needs to be a semi-extraordinary cookie jar. So, I'm venturing into the art of glass etching. I even already have an awesome jar.

Thank you, Crate & Barrel, for cool stuff.

For today's project, I design my jar. I want something geometric, but fun. I came up with three options. These look a little blocky and too chunky, but you have to remember that they will look a lot more 'delicate' as etched glass. I wanted to make sure the lines were thick enough to transfer well.




Come back tomorrow for my adventure into glass etching, and the final product.

1 comment: