Monday, January 2, 2012

Living Room Wall Challenge (part 1)

After an amazing weekend with our amazing family and friends, I had some time alone to recuperate and clean the apartment. We have lived in the same apartment for about two years, and for one reason or another, we have never really decorated or made the space 'special' to us. Last week, we created an amazing picture wall with some of our favorite pictures from the wedding. It felt amazing to have a wall that was essentially 'us.' It felt so amazing, I decided it was time to start making our living space 'ours.'

The start to our photo wall. Still needs a couple embellishments
but having this up has really spruced up the place.

The wall that needs the most help now is our living room behind our couch. This is where we spend most of our time in the apartment, and right now it is a mish-mash of ridiculous frames I have collected over the years with the thought that 'one day I will do something awesome with these.' Today is [part one of] that day.

THE BEFORE:
Blah.

THE INSPIRATION:

Source: hellogiggles.com via Lauren on Pinterest

I love the idea of painting different shaped/textured frames to create consistency. I also love the idea of creating a theme around what we do in that space.

THE PROJECT:
Creating a theme space utilizing frames and pictures from around the apartment. Today's creation will be the plan/design for the space, and I'll execute it later this week. My budget for this project is $20. Here we go.



I'm going with a metallic champagne for the frames (spray-painted),
and use vinyl for the lettering. I'm not completely sold on the Red.
I was trying to get out of my 'orange' comfort zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment