Thursday, January 19, 2012

I don't have time for this, either.


Every once in a while, someone will make the statement to me, "Your new years resolution is neato.  I don't have the time to do something like that." (I'm paraphrasing.) Usually I give a, "Yeah...life is so busy blahdy blah." My real answer? "ME NEITHER."

Tonight, after working a full day, after-work appointments, and a meeting at church, I got home at 9pm. When I got home, I still had to eat dinner, start some laundry for a quick trip to Seattle, and start packing for Seattle. I also need to sleep early because I have a bootcamp-style workout tomorrow morning at 6am, to be quickly followed by a full day at work and driving up to Seattle.

I do not have time for this.

But, I didn't go into this project thinking it would be easy. I knew there were days that I needed a break. I knew there were days that I would have to force it. But, I also knew that I needed this. I love this project, and rain, shine or SNOMG, I will make time for this project.

In the sake of being able to wake up tomorrow at 5am for my class, tonight's project was something on the tip of my tongue. I also gave myself a 15 minute time-limit to complete.

After the weatherama the PNW has endured this week, I thought they deserved a quick logo. First, I started with Seattle's brave trek through the snow/ice/wind:


Quite possibly the most common Status Update I have seen this week.
And one for Portland's attempt at a weather event this week:

 Messy, messy.

No comments:

Post a Comment