Saturday, April 14, 2012

Swimsuit Season is coming....

I'll admit it: Since the wedding, I have totally let myself go. To the tune of about 10 pounds. I don't regret it, I totally had an awesome time eating whatever I wanted and not going to the gym. It was awesome.

But let's be real--I'm going to Vegas in a couple months for my best buddy/sister-in-law's Bachelorette party, I have two weddings coming up, and honestly--I feel a lot better 10 pounds lighter. 

So, for the past week I've been strapping down and really watching what I'm eating and getting back to my regular gym schedule [finally.] Thankfully, it's already paying off--2 lbs down this week!

I've been overhauling my favorite restaurant foods all week to be swimsuit season friendly, here's one of my favorites, Veggie-Packed Fried Rice.

I use:
Brown Rice (a cup cooked)
Whatever veggies are in the fridge (I lucked out with some awesome red pepper, yellow onion, green onion and carrot.)
Oyster Sauce (get it at an Asian market)
Soy Sauce
Egg


Veggie Tales. 
Start out by stirfrying the veggies in a baby bit of oil (I used veggie oil) and some garlic. Once they're happy and cooked, add in the cooked rice and the egg. Stir it super fast.

When the egg is cooked, add in a blob (1tbsp?) of oyster sauce and an equal amount of soy sauce. Stir it super fast. It will look a little something like this:


...and will have about 1000000 less calories than its Chinese Restaurant cousin.

No comments:

Post a Comment