Thursday, April 12, 2012

Workin' Overtime.

Ben and I are getting closer and closer to owning our own home.

[Side Note: Is it just me, or is there something EXTREMELY stressful buying something that costs 4x what you make per year? How has this ever been determined to be completely rational? Eh, doing it.]

Thus, we have been dreaming overtime about what to do with our littler fixer upper. We still have to do the inspection, but thankfully most of our upgrades are only cosmetic. And by cosmetic, I mean everything but tearing out a wall. New floors, new countertops, new appliances, overhauled bathrooms...you get my gist.

When we started looking at houses, we decided we either wanted something that was 100 percent ready to move in and not touch anything, or something 100 percent completely hideous that we could turn into our perfect home. We obviously picked the latter. Now, as we wait for the closing date, we're dreaming.

Today, I dream of the perfect hang-out-watch-movies-vege-but-totally-do-it-in-style living room.

Put this together today, I don't know why I'm so obsessed with the celadon-black-white thing. I think I need to add in a couple turquoise accents...


[Flocked Metallic Wallpaper] [Houndstooth Reading Chair] [Celadon Couch] [Black Chandelier]

So swanky.

I'm really liking this couch--but I have to make sure it's super-take-a-nap-on-a-Sunday-afternoon-comfy. I've had my eyes on that Houndstooth chair for a while, I think the living room is the perfect place for it. I'm also toying with the idea of getting an upholstered bench for more seating... We tend to not invite twelve people at a time over...

What do you think?





No comments:

Post a Comment