Friday, February 24, 2012

Busted...again.

My flight got in very late last night, which will be my total excuse for not posting last night. (My lack of posting had absolutely nothing to do with obsessively reading Hunger Games the entire flight, finishing the book, then quickly downloading Catching Fire and reading that until 2am)

So, I established some Ground Rules (something I learned a lot about at my training this week) that cover a day with no post. For days when I did not post, I have to post twice for the missed day in addition to the next day's post. I don't want to call this a punishment [due to the negative connotations] but it is.

So, post one for today:

I've got a sick mom, so I wanted to make her some yummy soup.

I saw some great mini leeks at the store, so I made her a Leek-Potato-Chicken-Ginger-Soup. Hopefully she doesn't read this yet because I'm bringing it over soon...

Here's what I used

-Chicken breast (the kind with the bones on)
-half pound of leeks
-3ish carrots
-a potato or two
-garlic
-s&p
-dried basil, oregano, thyme
-garlic


I started out with some oil in a pt, and threw in a spoonful of crushed garlic (I get it at Trader Joes, super cheap super-er easy.)


After that started smelling good, I added in some chopped up leeks and carrots. Added some salt and pepper and gave this about 5 minutes to cook.


I added in the chicken some grated ginger and a couple shakes of basil, oregano, and thyme. Then, covered it with water.


Covered the pot and let it sit forever on low [an hour.]



After an hour, I took out the chicken and shredded it with a couple forks, then added it back to the soup.
It's delicious and I'm excited to bring it to my mom.

Stay tuned for two more posts today...









No comments:

Post a Comment