Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Day William!

Happy Leap Day, all.

As noted in my description, this is a '355 day (365 day if the Mayans are wrong) challenge.' I did not take into consideration Leap Year or Leap Day.

So, I could get out of today's post on a technicality. But, I won't. I'll save that day off for a day when I am good and ready!

Today, I got to thinking--where will I be next Leap Year?

Four years is a very long time. I mean, in four years, I'll be 28! That's almost 30!

So, where could I be? Will I have a kid(s)? Will I be living in Portland? Has everyone in the universe figured out that I'm always 'right' yet?

So today, I wanted to reflect on what has happened since the last Leap Day in 2008.


[Also--totally random thought: Ever think it's weird that Leap Day always comes on a presidential election year? Almost like they planned it that way...] 


So here's my list of major life changes in the past four years:



That's a lot of major life changes. This is also leaving out a lot of the 'little' stuff, and probably some big things that I forgot about or don't care to post to the world.

So, question is, where will I [you] be next Leap Year? When you look back on the past four years, does it make you happy?

Happy Leap Day, ya'll. See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. What story was carried to SNL?! I'm curious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A couple years ago, I helped to promote a series of blood drives dubbed, "Pint-for-Pint." Basically, you give a pint of blood, you got a pre-paid coupon for a pint of beer (that you had to wait 24 hours to drink...haha.) One day, I got a call from the Tacoma News Tribune asking about the blood drive, and the next day the story blew up and I was interviewed for CNN, Fox News, ABC, a bunch of radio shows, the BBC--and eventually it made it to Weekend Update on SNL. It was a totally surreal experience!

      (especially because the story 'broke' when I was getting a filling at the dentist and did two interviews for national TV with a numb face...)

      Delete
    2. So awesome! You're basically the most famous person I know. Thanks for telling me the story!

      Delete