Friday, February 10, 2012

Valentining

I'm not a huge fan of cards. I always have trouble picking out a card amongst the stacks and stacks that says exactly what I want. Most of the time, they're way too sappy. When buying a greeting card, I typically leave the store in disgust, or buy a blank card.

I usually end up making the card out of whatever I have around the house, or write something on the outside of the package. Not awesome.

This year, Ben and I decided to not do gifts (instead, we're buying each other a house, yahoo projects!) but we are still going to do 'cards.' I wanted to get him something different, but something useful.  I got the idea from an awesome card I saw floating around on Pinterest:

Cute, huh?
Source: etsy.com via Lauren on Pinterest

Ben is really into entertaining; and by that, I mean, Ben really likes to make people drinks. We recently got an amazing bar from Crate and Barrel, and he could use a couple of fun glasses for himself. So here's my idea:
Witty, huh?

Sorry for the sad illustration of the glasses, I tried my best. I'm planning on getting a couple different drink glasses, and etching them with witty little sayings. I even tried my hand at a little extra illustration with the type...I'm decently proud of it! The greatest thing about this? I found glasses that collectively will cost about the same as your typical Halmark greeting card. Yes. 


I'll post them next week, I started making the stencils tonight. I haven't fully decided if I'm going to etch them or paint them. Paint might be fun....


No comments:

Post a Comment