Sunday, February 26, 2012

Micke, you're so fine!

If you were with me yesterday, you saw the beginning of my first Ikea hack. I started with a Micke, an amazing storage cabinet that is my very own craft room. But, the thing was super boring. Thus, the makeover. Check out yesterday's post to see how I started it.

I woke up early this morning to clean up the paint on the Micke. Really made a big difference, and cleaned up the whole look.

Then, I enlisted Ben to help me hang the drawer pulls. Since the piece didn't have any holes before, we got to break out the power tools! [and the level] Yahoo!

I'm really pleased with the end product. If you don't remember what it looked like before, here it is:


World, please meet the new and improved Micke!

Front view

Side view.

The other side

Close-up of the awesome brass fixtures I found. 

I'm glad I decided to paint the front, it really tied the piece together. 

The best part about this whole thing? It only cost about $12 for everything. Plus, the cabinet was about $70 brand new. Totally affordable. Totally practical. Totally awesome.

Had to add this...
Inside the front cabinet.


1 comment:

  1. Hi there great work! Just asking what size screws you used for the two knobs? I finding it hard as the
    Knobs i want to pirchase offline have different size screws ��

    ReplyDelete