Sunday, February 12, 2012

Old Rags

This weekend was full of 'spring' cleaning. So fun. No, really. So fun.

I forced Ben to get rid of a couple of shirts that were falling apart at the seams, and I got rid of clothes that were way too big for me (yay!)

I saw this on Etsy a while ago, and really wanted to give it a try.


Source: etsy.com via Lauren on Pinterest



Since I had also come into a small-fortune of t-shirts/t-shirt material, I gave it a try.


Here's what I did:

Cut up a shirt. 

Braided it. 
Pretty cute first attempt. 

My version definitely wasn't as perfect as the Etsy version, but it still was pretty cute. I like it being a little chunkier. I think next attempt, I will use an even-bigger t-shirt and cut the strips a little thinner. 

Today was a big project-prep day for this week. I've been busy planning for gifts for Valentine's day, birthdays, ad impending weddings. Super fun, but super busy. I'm excited to share them with you!





No comments:

Post a Comment