Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Little Extra-Special.

Today, I realized that part of this project is making everyday things a little extra special.

Tomorrow, marks the one-year-anniversary of one of our big projects at work. We hold at least 3 days of all-day workshops every month, meaning we spend a lot of time together. Normally, I make an early morning stop at Safeway for cookies and other sugar filled mind simulators. (I'm pretty sure there is some science that says that people are nicer/think better when they have a stomach full of coffee and sugar.)

So, I made cupcakes for our first birthday! I'm not typically a great baker, but in the spirit of The Project, I baked. A lot.

I found a really great recipe for cupcakes on Recipe Girl. It makes super moist, but super fluffy delicious sugar filled cupcakes. Yum. Yum. 

My Kitchenaid Mixer has really opened my eyes to the world of baking.
Also, a big enough spoon. 
SPARKLE
I used a really simple buttercream frosting
(3c powder sugar, 1c butter, 1tsp vanilla, a little heavy whipping cream)
I also invented the best way to fill a piping bag--STICK IT IN A CUP.
I used a piping bag to ice the cupcakes because it is a lot easier for me.
I also hate it when I pick up a cupcake and get frosting on my fingers,
or when a perfect frosting job gets totally ruined because two cupcakes touched each other.
Thus, the dots of icing smack dab in the middle of the cupcakes
I put a couple sprinkles on them.
I picked blue, because it's a water project--get it?


No comments:

Post a Comment