Saturday, February 4, 2012

Super Bowl SnaXLVI

I love The Super Bowl. I love football, I love hilarious commercials, and -most importantly- I love when you can replace all your meals with snacks and beer. I'm typically not a fan of the NFL, so I usually don't have much stake in who wins the game, but that doesn't keep me from picking a team and rooting for them till death (ie: when people stop talking about the current year's Super Bowl.) This year I picked the NY Giants? Why? I don't know. I just did.

Tomorrow we will be watching The Super Bowl with a lot of great-close friends. The hosts are Patriots fans. Since Ben is easily excitable -seriously, he is- and is routing for the Giants as well, we've been having pep talks about manners. I doubt this will have any influence on him. At all.

I decided to bring something a little special to the party--Avocado Egg Rolls. So delicious. I also decided I didn't want to be in a rush to make them tomorrow. I did a test batch today, and pre-made some egg rolls ready to put in the oven tomorrow afternoon.

This recipe is seriously amazing,  highly recommend them. They are also crazy easy/quick to make, even though they look/taste like a million bucks.



For this recipe, you'll need:

I love the food processor. So simple. So awesome.

2 Avocados (good ones)
1tbs Sun Dried Tomatoes
1tbs Cilantro
2tbs Onion
Olive oil
Couple shakes of Red Pepper Flakes
Salt/Pepper
Egg Roll Wraps

Put everything, but the Egg Roll Wraps (duh) in a food processor. If you don't have a food processor, just chop up everything really little, and squish the avocado.

This took about 4.5 seconds.

Then, it's time to stuff your egg rolls. Put a good amount in the middle of your egg roll wrapper. Then, brush all the edges really lightly with some olive oil (so it sticks together.)


This stuff alone tastes awesome. I spread it on a
piece of bread for lunch.
 
Then, fold three corners in of your egg roll wrap so it looks like an open envelope. Like this:

Tasty envelope.

Then, roll the egg roll. Brush it with a little olive oil, it plop them into a 425 degree oven for about 15 minutes. Take them out when they're light brown and look like egg rolls. You can also deep fry these, but I was trying to go a healthy-er route.


I also wanted to make a dipping sauce. So I threw together some honey, rice vinegar, balsamic vinegar, oyster sauce, sesame oil and red chili flakes. It turned out awesome.

This was the sauce pre-balsamic.

And here is the finished product!

OH. super delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment